Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perfect kind of day

A couple weekends ago, we had a perfect kind of Saturday. We got up a little later than normal, and I read in bed, it was glorious! Then we went and had brunch with a friend on the upper west side in a cute diner. After which we enjoyed the beautifully (for once not humid!) perfect weather in Central Park. We walked over from the diner and found a nice tree to lay our blanket under and read for the next couple of hours.
Oh how I love enjoying nice weather and reading!
Then we walked down to Columbus Circle, walked around the little mall for a bit, got a cool drink at Starbucks and headed home to tidy up and relax some more.
Dan didn't like that I made us put the blanket under the shade of a tree the whole time. So he walked around CP without a shirt on. I was embarrassed, but at least he put it on once we left the park!

I think that's one of my favorite kind of days. Reading, reading and more reading interspersed with enjoying food, beautiful weather and friends.

No comments: